I know I have so many posts and pictures to catch up on from my whirlwind summer of travels. I'm back in the states, though, and have jumped back into UofA campus ministry planning, so my mind is excited about that topic right now. Someday, I'll get back to my travels and share from what I learned, experienced there. For now, though, here are some work thoughts.
Here's the deal. I love learning. I love implementing new things. I love learning about trends. I love reading. I don't love doing the research to help with figuring out new things and trends, though. BUT I love the people who do! I love reading, listening to and talking with others about their research. I really enjoy and love, THEN, pointing others to those people and that research. I love connecting people to each other, and the things they need! Throughout the years, it seems like the Lord has allowed me to meet a good number of people that specialize in a lot of things, so I see it more as my strength of then being able to point others to those awesome people. It's so fun for me when I just get to say...
"Email this person! They are super wise in that area."
"Oh I know so and so, and they would be great to call for that."
"This blog would help you a lot for what you are asking. Check it out!"
"There is a great website to find that info."
"Oh this book is awesome!"
That brings me joy.
Real life example. I need new car insurance. Calling and getting quotes and figuring out the best deal might sound fantastic to some. It makes me want to crawl in a hole. Really. My roommate suggested I do that, and I wanted to have a melt down. So what do I do? I email 5 of my handy, dandy friends who seem knowledgeable about the subject, and trust them to guide me in the right direction. I got the information I needed, and now if you too need car insurance advice for North West Arkansas I can point you in the right direction.
So with that, here is me pointing YOU to a GREAT resource. If you are in ministry, this blog will CHANGE YOUR LIFE! If you aren't, you might still find it insightful and fascinating. (Tim does have great taste in music and posts about that too.)
BOOKMARK WWW.TIMCASTEEL.COM!!! Do it. Now. Really, you should. Tim is my co-leader, so often there is stuff we've done at UofA. His current series is SO helpful! He spent 2 years interviewing other Cru movements from around the US and compiled his findings into some CRAZY helpful, insightful posts. You won't be disappointed. I mean, if I went ahead and emailed our Campus Ministry President directly sharing with him why he should look at the site, it means I have tons of confidence in what he writes. Enjoy this new found blog of ministry wonder.
2 comments:
Wow. Thanks for your kind words Katie!
I enjoy Tim's site too! Did you really email the pres?
Kim :)
Post a Comment