"Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well." 1 Thessalonians 2:8
Little did I know, how many more sweet friendships would emerge since January, in addition to those first 3!
Tomorrow morning, I leave for 2 1/2 months for my summer assignments with my job. So last night, I had a "Leaving on a Jet Plane" get together with friends so I could say bye to all of them at one time. About thirty people came, and there were quite a few more good friends that couldn't make it!!! In 8 months, the Lord has provided above and beyond any prayers or expectations I ever had when moving to Arkansas. What a treasure to see friends representing work, representing church, representing different countries, representing different stages of life, ranging in ages and all with different life stories! What a beautiful picture of the body of Christ!
So as excited as I am to go on the journeys the Lord has before me in the next 2 1/2 months, I'm genuinely going to miss the people the Lord has put in my life this year here in Fay, and will be so excited to come back to what so quickly and easily felt like "HOME."

No comments:
Post a Comment