Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

This Year in Song

I love it when people remember details about your life you've forgotten you have told them.  Especially, when the details seem little to the outside world, but really are significant to you.  One of these, is how my friend Jamie always remembers about how every year since I've been a Christian, I choose a song that represents my year.  For some reason, it has stuck with her, so I love how she remembers to ask anytime I see her.  Although, she lives in Norman, OK, I've been able to see her twice in the past couple of weeks, and the question has come up of what my song is this year since, the "year" ended October 31st.  It makes me smile every time, and it always reminds me of a long overdue blog post.

Thank you Chris Tomlin, for his song, I Will Follow, that he released in the past year or so.  It definitely represents my year.  It was a year of transition.  A year where the Lord moved me from Lubbock, Texas to Fayetteville, AR due to my amazing job with Campus Crusade.  A year where if I remember right, I was on 14 planes or so in a 3 week period.  Where I traveled back and forth from Lubbock, Houston, Arkansas, Italy, Switzerland, Colorado, Dallas and more.  I mean, you would think with my job, which usually equals a list like this every year, I'd be used to this, but since one of those was a permanent move, I guess I was more aware of my traveling than in the past.  A year, where I was asked not only to "follow" literally from place to place, but to "follow" by trusting Him. New job, New people, New city, New everything.  I'm not sure if I have a black and white answer to if I "like" transition or not, but through this one, I'm so grateful for how the Lord really has helped me follow Him with trust and made it as smooth as possible.  It's been such a full, great year where Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!"" continues to be solidified in me.  So check out the words of "I Will Follow" that so well represent my year! 

*I also thought I had a tradition every year of writing a post about how I became a Christian and one with the song of the year, but like this one, I must have just thought about it and never really written anything down.  So apparently, I have not actually written anything down since 2007.  Here is the post, Meaningful Playlist, that shares about the songs from the past. 

The fully updated list is right here though!  Enjoy!
Year 1: Everyday by Crimson
Year 2: Hallelujah, What a Savior You Are by Grace Bible Church Band
Year 3: You Led Me by BarlowGirl
Year 4: If You Want Me To by Ginny Owens
Year 5: Inside Out by Hillsong
Year 6: Days like These by Natalie Grant
Year 7: I know you are calling by Jeremy Camp
Year 8: What have I done? by Adie
Year 9: I will follow by Chris Tomlin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Girl, what a year you have had. Thats how it works with Jesus and this job. Anywho i think it is pretty cool that you have a song for every year. Very nice.

jamie stevens said...

Yay! I love it! it's been super fun getting to see you off an on this past month or so!