Pages

Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Mice are back


I really wish this post was about a computer mouse.  I'd have much calmer emotions going on if it was.  Unfortunately it is not, and at this point, I couldn't bring myself to even post a picture of a real mouse. 

Back in November/December we had a crazy problem with mice coming into our home.  We would set traps, find them, set more, kill more.  Scream.  Jump on furniture.  Stay in other people's homes.  Call over kind guys to come help us.  Scream some more.  Set more traps.  I'm pretty sure we got to up to about 7 or 8 that time around.  The day before I left for Christmas break, I found mouse poop IN MY BED, and the couch became my resting place that night and the morning never seemed sweeter as I pulled away from my home. 

It was in those months, I came to realize that I have musophobia.  Fear of mice.  I never knew this about myself, but as my heart pounds, anxiety takes over and tears want to emerge from my eyeballs just thinking about or actually seeing little brownish/gray rodents scurry across our kitchen floor I realized, I have an actual fear going on. 

Well as of yesterday we found out that the mice are back.  I thought I heard something the night before, but wanted to live in denial.  Then I get a text from my roommate confirming the fear.  I wake up this morning and look in one of our traps that has a clear top, and oh look, another one.  Thing is, that first trap we heard mice in, well you can't really see into besides lifting the lid.  I had assumed there was just one in there.  I go to be brave and at least throw away the little mouse.  I can do that much.  Right.  It won't move anymore.

Well.............I cautiously lift the lid to the trap and once again scream.  Or it's more like "Oh no, oh no, eeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  THERE ARE 6 DEAD MICE IN THE TRAP!!!!!  Not one.  SIX!!!!!!!  It was so sad actually seeing them, but then fear hit again.  There is no way I'm touching that thing.  I'm shaking just thinking about how if I had to touch the thing they are stuck on, then I'd have to touch them!!!

So I'm sorry if you like mice and this all seems mean to them and completely ridiculous that I'm afraid of 2-3 inch creatures that can't even see.  If I wasn't afraid of them, I would completely understand your point of view.  Unfortunately I am terrified of this whole situation.

Joshua 1:9 has never meant so much to me!  "Be strong and courageous for I am with you."

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Yuck! Our kitchen is always infested with moths during the summer and even though they're harmless, they scare me to death! I hate them soo much!