Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas Blogger Friends from my family to yours!!!!

I hope you are all having a GREAT Christmas season.  This year Isaiah 9:6 has been a cornerstone for the holiday for me.  (I mean I already posted it once on here.)  It's a verse that is super popular this time of year, but for some reason it finally clicked and became super significant to me this year more than most.  I don't know where all of you stand right now with the Lord or how easy/hard it's been to connect with Him, but I've added below a little devo on Isaiah 9:6 I got from an email today.  I pray it helps you worship and praise the Lord on Christmas Day for our Savior that He is!

Love y'all!
Katie

Prayer Page
Barbara Francis
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

 —Isaiah 9:6
For the first 19 years of my life, I never knew the real meaning of Christmas. The holiday was simply about getting gifts, baking cookies, Santa, and a yard full of decorations. Thirty-seven years ago, that all changed. I vividly remember my “first Christmas”—the one in which I knew what the occasion was all about: the birth of my personal Savior.

I know your days are full, but use the following exercise to bring light and life to the glorious season. I will break down Isaiah 9:6 in sections for you to journal about. You could use this as a family devotion or in a conversation with a friend.

For to us a child is born,
     to us a son is given...
When did you know the meaning of this holy season? What strikes you about the statement, “to us a son is given”?


...and the government will be on his shoulders.
When we read Revelations, we see how all authority was and ever will be with our God. How does knowing this help you in the here and now?


...And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
     Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
How has the Lord been your counselor? When was the last time he showed up as Mighty God, Everlasting Father, or Prince of Peace?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Buon Natale Katie! Loved reading your thoughts on Christmas...hope you're having a great time with your family!