So for the past week I've been doing ministry in the Los Angeles area for something called Cross 09. I was able to visit a dear friend, do cross cultural ministry and experience staff life in a different part of the country.
What was so fun, though, was coming home. I'll talk more about why L.A. was so fun later, but I really did miss home. I missed the slowness of Lubbock. I missed the simplicity of living here. I missed my students and friends. Yes, I even missed the cotton fields.
What made it so fun, then, was when I walked into the door of our leadership meeting was a resounding "KATIE!!!!" as four students came up, hugged me and told me how much they missed me. It was so sweet!!!! What an awesome way to come home!
1 comment:
Glad to hear that LA cross cultural ministry observation/training went well. Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. Love you. S
p.s. if it's truly broken, cheaper to buy new microwave than fix it.
Post a Comment