My drive home, however, did not exude an attitude of thankfulness. I had been driving about 5 hours already when traffic basically decided it was on holiday and stopped. Think about 2-2 1/2 hours, going a grand total of 20 miles (or less.) I was impatient. I wanted to cry. I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I yelled at the cars off roading to get to the service road (sorry Lori...I would have even yelled at you.) Mostly I yelled because I was too much of a wuss to do it myself. I yelled at the cars off roading coming back onto the highway cutting in front of me. I got frustrated at my phone for not wanting to call anyone. My throat hurt. My knees hurt. My normally 8 1/2 hour drive turned into an 11 hour one. Basically, I wasn't handling the extra hours of nondriving very well. And maybe I'm a little dramatic which doesn't do well in situations like that.
Well finally traffic did start again, and it felt like freedom! My attitude of thankfullness popped right back into place as I was now SO thankful to be going above 2 miles an hour. SO thankful that there wasn't a wreck anywhere, just construction that turned a 2 way highway into a one lane road trying to accomadate Thanksgiving homeward bounders. SO thankful that the Lord didn't let me be tired at all during the extra long drive. SO thankful even to see once again the Las Vegas RV that had been in front of me for over an hour until people started cutting in front of me, but to see that dear friend now at a 70 mph pace.
So moral of the story...maybe I'm not as patient as I once thought. Drive home on Saturday.
That's about the best face I could get with my dear 'ol dad. That's his love of pictures face.
No comments:
Post a Comment