Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

"F"un Movie Quote Guessing Game

Rules:
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Bold it when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Guesses should be posted in the comments.
6. NO GOOGLING, using an IMDb search or other search function for those guessing.

1. "Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End. "
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. " Moulin Rouge (Amy Kalt)

2. "There's a difference between a failure and a fiasco. A failure is merely the absence of success. Any fool can achieve failure. But a fiasco, a fiasco is a disaster of epic proportions. A fiasco is a folk tale told to others to make other people feel more alive because it didn't happen to them."

3. "Dear Da, did you know something? We're moving again. Ma says it's time. She says it's definitely the last time but she says that every single time. Nana Gourley says, if there is a next time, they'll have to carry her out in a box and ma says don't tempt her!" Dear Frankie (Sharon Hebert)

4. "No more talk of darkness. Forget these wide-eyed fears, I'm here. Nothing can harm you. My words will warm and calm you. Let me be your freedom. Let daylight dry your tears. I'm here, with you, beside you, to guard you and to guide you. " Phantom of the Opera (Amy Kalt)

5. "Oh no, darnit... I just remembered that I promised my friend's brother's godmother that I would help her change her fax cartridge because she's going out of town tomorrow... on and African safari. " The Wedding Planner (Amy Kalt)

6. "Our love fern! You let it die!"
"No, honey, it's just sleeping." How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (Tyler Ball)

7. "It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something. " Crash (Sharon Hebert)

8. "No, seriously, Lizzy. When did you first know you were in love with Mr. Darcy?"
"
It came on so slowly I hardly know... but I believe I must date it from the time I first saw his wonderful grounds at Pemberley." Pride and Prejudice Laura Watson

9. "Dear Diary, Today I tried not to think about Mr. Knightly. I tried not to think about him when I discussed the menu with Cook... I tried not to think about him in the garden where I thrice plucked the petals off a daisy to acertain his feelings for Harriet. I don't think we should keep daisies in the garden, they really are a drab little flower. And I tried not to think about him when I went to bed, but something had to be done." Emma (Laura Watson)

10. "You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... "
[Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right] The Princess Bride (Tyler Ball)

11. "Elizabeth and I were married by the time we were twenty and we'd been going out since we were fifteen so this may sound a bit juvenile but... can I hold your hand?" Return to Me (Shauna)

12. "Look at you, you have a baby... In a bar." Sweet Home Alabama (Amy Kalt)

13. "Listen, I'm a big supporter of fixing potholes and erecting swing sets and building shelters. I am *more* than happy to pay those taxes. I'm just not such a big fan of the percentage that the government uses for national defense, corporate bailouts, and campaign discretionary funds. So, I didn't pay those taxes. I think I sent a letter to that effect with my return. "
"Would it be the letter that beings "Dear Imperialist Swine"?" Stranger Than Fiction (Amy Kalt)

14. "You're still my enemy in the morning."
"You're still my enemy tonight. But even enemies can show respect."

15. "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?"
"I think you can in Europe." 10 Things I Hate About You (Shauna)

3 comments:

Shauna Lynn said...

11. Return to me
14. 10 things i hate about you

favorites of mine... too!

Shauna Lynn said...

oops.. i meant
15. 10 things i hate about you

Kat said...

loooove most of those :)

I didn't know you liked Crash so much! (I watched it the week before Italy and I was WAY involved in my living room....scary stuff haha)

Emma! Pride and Prejudice!! yay

Courtney would be proud of the Sweet Home Alabama :)