Catchy phrase, yeah? I think so.
Well what exactly is 27 by 27? Lose 27 pounds by the time I turn 27. Become a more healthy person. Create a habit of working out and actually like doing it. Set a goal and trust the Lord to help me finish it.
My job actually wants to help to. I had this idea way before going to my staff conference, but then I show up to CSU and find out my job wants to pay me to lose weight! Not only that, they want to help pay for my gym membership. Crazy! Get this, for every pound I lose by December 31st, they will give me $5. Also, if I go to the gym 3 times a week they will pay for up to half of my membership. Nice!
So Operation 27 by 27 has begun. I've spent all the time needed to prep for it, such as taking an hour finding the cute little ticker at the top of the page, finding a calorie counter for my igoogle home page, and writing this blog to have all of you people know about it and not let me quit.
The ultimate goal of all of this is not the weight loss. That will be nice, but really just to help get me more active. It was easy in Colorado this summer since there were trails to follow and mountains to climb. Lubbock...a little flat. Gyms and creativity will have to transpire.
I will include weekly weight losses (or gains, but hopefully not) and come January 15, 2010 we will be celebrating whatever the results might be! So 27 by 27, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment