Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Closure

A year ago today, I was packing up as much of my belongings as possible before leaving the next morning for my new home. I was about to embark on my 3rd ever 8 hour drive by myself.

I had prayed the Lord would bring in all of my financial support to be able to finish by December 1st and allow me to move to Texas Tech soon after, but He had other plans. Instead He completed what I needed on November 25th, five days sooner, allowing me to move on December 1st itself. This evening, a year ago, was the closure of one chapter and the beginning of another.

I was driving for the first time to a home that didn't have an end date. There wasn't a graduation or a specified end of an internship to determine how long this chapter would last. I was driving to a home that I actually hadn't even stepped foot into or even seen before. I was driving to a home that now a year later is actually home.

I drove back to this home today coming home from Thanksgiving after my now umpteenth 8 hour drive, and got excited as I watched the sunset over the super flat south plains. The familiar cotton fields, giant windmills and the site of a massive tumbleweed stuck in the grill of a truck were actually comforting instead of foreign this time around.

I documented that move and drive on this blog, so take a step back with me at the closure of my time of transition into the beginning of my life in Lubbock.

2 comments:

Kat said...

the no end date is a daunting thought......

but yay for your real home!

Tracy said...

What a difference a year makes! I'm glad Lubbock is feeling like home.

xo