Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Q"uintessential Hug

I love little kids. I love their interactions with each other. I love their interactions with adults. I love the words that come out of their mouth sometimes. I love how genuine they usually are.
What I love the most, though, are the times when they do something completely unexpected that warms your heart. This morning was an example of one of those moments.

Claire just turned two, and she is adorable. She quickly remembers peoples names and makes it a point to say "hi" and "bye" to them each time she sees them. I'm not sure why, but it makes you feel so significant to have a 2 year old remember your name.

This morning Claire saw me from far off, and shouted "Hi KT." I went over to talk to her and the other kids for a little bit. Eventually I needed to leave, so I said bye to everyone. Right after I said this, and before I could leave, though, Claire climbed off the picnic table bench she was sitting on, ran over and hugged my legs. It melted my heart!

This is why I love little kids!

PS. Later in the day I had to literally chase her after she took my credit card and didn't want to give it back. Two year olds can run fast when they want to.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

the post script on this post made me laugh out loud

you are so funny