Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bittersweet

Have you ever gone on a trip to see old friends and come home a little sad? You were so excited to see them, had a wonderful weekend and then came home, realized you live so far away and remembered your own reality? A reality that isn't bad whatsoever and that on most days you really enjoy and feel so blessed to be a part of. It is just a reality that is 10 hours away from ones you love.

Sounds so depressing, but really is just bittersweet. How sweet that I got to visit my friends this past weekend. How sweet to hear about and be a tiny part of so many new beginnings of their lives. To meet new boyfriends, go to 2 year-old birthday parties, be a part of baptisms. To ride a roller coaster for the first time in 10 years, play in the sandbox with my sweet goddaughter and have coffee with old friends.

It is a little bitter feeling to leave people that have known me for years and come home to Lubbock, but sweet that I got to experience it in the first place. Did you notice I said home? Come Sunday I really was ready to come home. To the place that although, still unsure of where I really fit, is slowly but surely feeling like home.

No comments: