Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Since being here...


I've been in Lubbock for almost two weeks now, but it feels like I've been here much longer. So far, I love it, and I'm again reminded that the Lord's plan for my life is always much better than what I could come up with on my own.

I wanted to share some things I've enjoyed about Lubbock so far. (These are in no particular order.)
1. The sunsets. This picture doesn't even come close to how beautiful they really are, but almost every evening it looks like the sky is on fire. To me, it is a wonderful display of the Lord's power and majesty.

2. The drivers. They actually acknowledge your blinker and let you over. I think three people in one day let me over when I realized I was in the wrong lane. After driving around Houston this Fall, this was a pleasant change.

3. Local Restaurants. There are a lot of them. There are so many cute local cafes to make you feel at home. I never thought I'd see a restuarant that serves a casserole dish as a main menu item, but if you miss mom's King Ranch Chicken, you can find it as "Angela's."

4. My team. They are so fun! We are in a week of planning meetings, and you think after so many hours of talking about topics, trying to come to conclusions and talking some more that we would be tired of each other. After all of these hours, though, we still like each other and laugh a lot.

5. The students. The ones I've gotten to hang out with are great. The ones that have welcomed me on my facebook wall are great. I mean really, they are all just great.

6. My house and roommates. I know you still haven't met the Amanda's, but if you watched the tour of my house, you saw how wonderful it is. Not only is it cute, but it is in such a wonderful location. I can get anywhere in 5 to 15 minutes. I eventually will introduce you to my roommates, but just know that they are wonderful too.

There is so much more I could probably add, but this is just a taste. So although, Lubbock does seem so far from everything, it is a great place to be.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i am so glad to hear all this!
yay for lubbock and for God taking such good care of us.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear everything's going well. the house is SUPER cute!! how's the painting going?!?