Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Life Events and Elliott Yamin


Exciting things of the day:
1. My cousin is having a baby...RIGHT NOW! Baby McKenzie is about to make an appearance!
2. The Lord has brought me to 100% of my one-time funds needed for reporting to Texas Tech, and 97% of my monthly funds! Please be praying for the last $116 monthly to come in within the next 10 days.

Now on to my actual blog post of random information:
About 6 months ago, my dear friend Sarah and I were spending a lazy afternoon watching music videos on Italian MTV where they actually still do play music videos. Without realizing it, that one afternoon kept me in tune with what was popular here in the states. I got to come back this year not feeling completely out of the loop.

One of the music videos we watched was of Elliott Yamin. I hear he was a former American Idol contestant. The only American Idol I ever watched was the first one when Kelly Clarkson won, so I had never heard of him. Lately, though, his is the only CD I've been listening to. I think it is the calm, laid back sound. It kind of goes with the weather getting colder and the holidays being here. It also reminds me of what I would call R&B from the late 90s when I was in high school. Forgive me actual R&B listeners if I'm completely off, but to me it has that older sound of whatever genre people like Brian McKnight was in. Regardless, I like it a lot.

No comments: