Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Welcome back to [la mia vita]

It has been way to long since I've updated this blog. I recognize that many of you (meaning the two or three people that actually looked at this) have given up at this point thinking that I would never return to "la mia vita."

Well, due to the commitment I see in my new roommate Sarah, through her consistent updating of her own blog, I have decided to give it a go once again. I suppose it would also be more fair to update my own when I am continually looking at other's with expectation that they have added more valuable information about their lives for the world of the interweb to see. Maybe this time I will even use words. Not just single pictures that allow for free interpretation of what might be happening in my life.

We will surely see.

I have never called myself a writer...I am not assuming that my entries on this blog will win me any sort of writing award. I just wanted to give you that heads up if you are to enter into the addiction that quickly proceeds when reading blogs. I would love comments however. Comments of types of things you would like to hear about. Comments to let me know that people in the outside world are truly glancing at this site. Comments about punctuation errors and run-ons won't be needed. Thanks for thinking about enhancing my language learning, though.

So after all of that, welcome back to "La mia vita!"

For those of you who are new, my name is Katie Bearden, and I get the awesome privilege to live in Florence, Italy. I work with an organization called Campus Crusade for Christ. I was involved with this campus group when I went to Texas A&M, and it was through them that I learned how to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, how to grow in my faith, and how to share my faith with others so that they could then grow and share. After I graduated from A&M in May of 2005, I came to Florence to work with Italian college students for a year. I liked it so much, I came back for another year this past September.

This blog will be about my life here in Italy (hence the Italian title of "La mia vita.")

I have been back in Florence for about a month. It would take too long to try and catch you up from what happened during this time. Plus, if I start talking about what's going on now it will be much more interesting. For example, tomorrow I am going to the annual European Chocolate Festival, so one can only imagine the fun entry that will follow. Think Charlie...Willie Wonka...and the Chocolate Factory...Italian style! I'll make sure to keep you posted on that one with many pictures of glorious chocolate of course!

So that's it. That is my introduction back into my blog. Ci Vediamo a presto! (See you soon!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, your blog is very interesting, and I think you could tell us many things about your life in Florence. Have you been to the Villas in Toscana? Have you visited Rome? What do you think about the italian men and ice-creams?

Kat said...

DUDE what is up with the world just picking up updating again?

buutt.....alas, I am happy....

and Sarah has a blog?? must see!